1. Increasing concerns over the size and power of the federal government.
2. Growing frustration with the economy and continued job losses.
3. Reform of the health care system.
4. Growing tension between the U.S. and other countries.
5. Viable third-party candidates running high-profile campaigns.
6. Climate change and its impact across the U.S.
7. Disagreements within the Democratic Party.
8. Challenges from state governments in many areas, especially with the current push for voting reform.
9. Dealing with the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
10. Rising national debt and deficits.